Tuesday, September 17, 2013

GRAN'S LACE SKIRT

Every time I clear my closet of things I no longer use or want, I feel a sense of achievement, and later, a sureness in my personal style; only to clear it again and again getting a better idea of the pieces I want to style together and what I want to add to it (read: need to shop for). There are the special pieces that are impossible to let go of, either because I see potential in them, or because they have been passed down to me by the women in my family, I find ways to wear them or keep them. One thing I know for sure is, I am a person who gets bored easily, so trying to maintain an active wardrobe with less clothes than before is a challenge I am willing to accept. Less is more, quality over quantity, a work in progress.

Pictured here is an outfit made by a few of said special pieces, all clothes are about 5 years and older, yet I never thought to put them together before. I went to a celebration where I couldn't wear a lot of black or white, and this is what I came up with. I love that I ended up with a monochromatic scheme after all.




The makeshift clutch is inspired by one of my favourite peeps in the local fashion industry, some years ago I remember seeing her carrying this unfolded and thought to myself, oh it must be Margiela (but it's an insulated bag made for food). I love the practicality, the humour, the fashion ability of it. Shout out to model-turned-photographer Jo Ann Bitagcol (she doesn't have a website but here is a photo I have with her at the Monocle event, and here is an old post I found about her and her awesome studio). Love her style, love her photos, just love her.

Denim Jacket: Vintage / Linen Top: British India / Lace Skirt: Vintage / Sandals: ZARA


Love lots, black soul xx

Photos by J. Cantemprate




2 comments:

  1. fck! i use that bag too whenever i ship packages to people.. i use it as a packaging for my clothes.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karl! Paradigm Shift right?? I've been trying to buy from the online store!! but having a bit of trouble seeing prices and checkout.. Love the selection! xx

      Delete